How to make a complaint
We aim to provide the best possible products and services. However, we are aware that, despite our commitment, things may not always go as planned. We take complaints very seriously at Probitas 1492 and aim to handle them to your satisfaction in a quick and efficient manner.
If you have any questions or concerns about your policy, or the handling of a claim, in the first instance please contact your broker, intermediary or retail agent.
However, if you wish to make a complaint, you may do so in writing or verbally at any time by contacting our managing agent, Capita Managing Agency, using the details are below.
It will help us speed up the process if you are able to provide, when submitting your complaint, the following information:
- Policy Number
- Date of loss
- Subject of your complaint
- Who did you purchase your insurance from?
- Who is the complaint against?
The Compliance Director
Capita Managing Agency
65 Gresham Street
Tel: 0207 204 7740
You can also download our Complaints Policy here.
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible and you can expect that:
- Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within 2 days of our receiving it.
- We will assign your complaints to a member of the Capita Managing Agency complaints team, who will follow it through to completion
- We will assess your complaint impartially and fairly
- We will keep you regularly informed
- We will resolve your complaint as soon as possible. We will attempt to do this with 2 weeks
- For more complex issues, we may need a little longer to look into what has happened. We may request further information to help is reach a decision.
Once we have dealt with your complaint, we will go back and see what can learn from your experience.
If you are not happy with our response to your complaint
Once we have responded to you following our investigation, if you feel we have not considered all of your issues, or you require further information, please let us know and we will be happy to review it. However, if you still remain unhappy or if we have not completed our investigation within the required timeframes, you may be entitled to have your complaint reviewed by another party, as explained below:
If you live in the United Kingdom, or if the subject matter we insure is located in the United Kingdom and we have issued a Lloyd’s policy, you may be able to ask Lloyd’s Complaints to conduct an independent review of your complaint. Further information can be found at www.Lloyds.com/complaints.
You may also be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to conduct a further independent review of your complaint. Further information can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
If you do not live in the United Kingdom, or the subject matter we insure is not located in the United Kingdom, the body to which you may be eligible to refer your complaint is country specific. Further details can be found at the following website: ec.europa.eu/consumers/solving_consumer_disputes/non-judicial_redress/adr-odr/index_en.htm.